Patient information regarding Covid 19
Our commitment to your safety
Infection Prevention Control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection prevention control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep both patients and staff safe.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the dental governing bodies and we are also up to date on new guidance that has been issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations and best practice.
You may see changes when it is time for your next appointment; please be patient with us as we implement these changes.
We made these changes in order to help protect our patients and staff, examples include:
- Reception and practice staff will communicate with you beforehand and may ask screening questions prior to your appointment. You’ll be asked those same questions again on arrival as well as having your temperature taken.
- We have hand-sanitisers that we will ask you to use when you enter and leave the practice.
- We have had new air purifiers installed into our surgeries.
- We will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and we will look to control the foot flow of patients through the practice.
- Please use the toilet before you attend for your appointment as access to public toilets will be closed.
How patients can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should ideally attend to their appointment alone with minimal belongings for the purpose of their appointment. Please avoid bringing jackets and coats unless absolutely necessary.
- A distance of 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
- Seating arrangement in the patient lounge will also be marked to respect the 2 meter social distancing measures; please do not sit where marked.
- Payment should be made by payment card as much as possible and minimise the use of cash. We will not accept cheque payments.
- Unfortunately we have adopted a “no handshake policy” for the time being to observe social distancing measures and infection control protocols... please do not be offended as we are the same friendly and happy people that you know and love here at the practice before the lockdown.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment; if necessary, you should wait outside the practice or in your car. Please call the practice to inform us that you are here for your appointment and wait; we will call you to come in when we are ready for you.
- Please only attend the practice if you have an appointment in this current pandemic.
- Any patients that wished to book an appointment for Dental or MediSpa services, please call the practice reception team who will be more than happy to help.